Wellness

obamacare is not affordable for cancer patients

How Much Does it Cost to Get an Obamacare Affordable Health Care Plan

How much does it cost to get an Obamacare affordable health care plan? Good question. The best answer is, "it depends." And another good question is, "Is it really 'health care?'" If you'll notice, how could you not, people are passionately for or against Obamacare. However, I want to show you real life.—My real life, and why "coverage" does not always equal "health care," as representative Kevin Brady put it. (Read more here in my article about the rising costs of Obamacare.) I [...]

Cancer Treatment: Follow Your Heart, Literally

Cancer, when you beat it, everything is over and you are free to return to your regularly scheduled life, without interruption.—Yeah. My first bout with Hodgkin's lymphoma was at age 5, followed by occurrences at ages 9, 11 and 21 when I finally received a bone marrow transplant. I had "beaten" cancer, sort of. So why do I say I had beaten cancer, "sort of?" Well I was cancer-free, yes, but I wasn't free from the effects of the treatments it took to [...]

can aging be reversed

Can Aging Be Reversed?

You know the drill, a gray hair pops up, a new one or ten a few days later. Then what about that one weird eyebrow hair that is so long it hangs a little into your eyes? These are just a few of the wonderful surprises that come with aging. Wouldn’t it just be nice if we could stop or reverse aging? It’s not just your forehead, eyes and hair that age over time, it’s your body’s actual cells. DNA [...]

being in shape when you are sick

According to Some Docs, This One Thing is How I Survived it All

If you are a survivor of anything serious or out of the ordinary, you’ve probably been asked how you got through it, how you dealt with it or what was it like? “Man, how did you escape those reptilians?” A lot of times when people ask me how I got through having cancer 4 times (or escaped the reptilians), etc. etc., my reply is always, “Well I’ve never had to go to a third world country and have people shoot [...]

low-carb diets work better than low-fat diets

The Skinny on Low-Fat Diets

A new study is showing that low-carb diets such as the popular Atkins, Paleo and South Beach diets may be better choices for losing weight than low-fat diets. The Journal of the American Osteopathic Association, published on their site, that low-carb diets are safe for shorter periods of time and a bit more effective than low-fat diets when it comes to losing weight. // Mayo Clinic doctors’ research from the period of January 2005 to April 2016 looked at the potential [...]

mobile phone

From Doc to Smartphone: Are Hypnosis Apps Safe?

As a child I was hypnotized just before my chemotherapy treatments on my second recurrence. It was all in an effort to keep me from getting sick. Like "three-day-old raw sushi that's been left out in the sun" sick. No matter what we did, nothing kept me from getting violently ill after a chemo session. It was miserable. The routine was: 1) Show up at the clinic and wait anxiously for treatment. 2) Get treatment and wait anxiously to get sick. 3) Get sick and [...]

study shows cancer should be punched in the face

Study Shows Cancer Should be Punched in the Damn Face

Cancer—everyone knows someone that has been touched by this terrible disease. It often creeps up on unsuspecting good people and causes them to put their lives on hold for treatment, or even worse... it ends their lives.—And that makes a lot of people angry, and with good reason. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); Recently a study was conducted at the university of, oh I forget (chemo brain), but that’s not important. However, what the study found was worth noting. "I've seen cancer [...]

how can you treat depression without medication

How Does Lack of Sleep Affect the Immune System

It can be fun to stay up late watching movies, playing video games, hanging out with friends, etc. However, lack of sleep can weaken the immune system and make people more susceptible to catching colds, the flu and worse.—As you could probably imagine. Mom Was Right About Not Getting Enough Sleep and Getting Sick "It is an old wives' tale that if you don't sleep well, you will get sick, and there is some experimental data that shows this is true," [...]

hypothyroidism from cancer treatment

Hypothyroidism from Cancer Treatment

Hypothyroidism from Cancer Treatment So let’s put this whole hypothyroidism from cancer treatment into layman’s terms. If possible. When treating certain types of cancer like lymphoma, that nasty stuff, sometimes a patient may have to undergo radiation treatment to the neck. This is even more nasty stuff. Also patients who are diagnosed with thyroid cancer may have to have a portion or all of their thyroid gland removed. Surgery for thyroid cancer and radiation to the neck can often lead to hypothyroidism. Hypothyroidism simply [...]

what is the best superfood supplement

What is the Best Superfood Supplement?

As a cancer survivor, what I choose to eat is one of the most important choices I make on a daily basis. Diet along with exercise have slowed if not completely stopped some of the long-term side effects of my treatment for cancer. Here is my short story from juicing, to supplements, to what is the best superfood supplement... to me anyway. Juicing the Best Superfoods, That's an Idea! Originally I thought I would buy myself a "super" juicer and juice [...]