Supplementation

pills

Drug Option for Cancer Patients with Anxiety Will Have You Seeing Things

In 1997 I started chemotherapy for my fourth recurrence of Hodgkins Lymphoma and I was prescribed the drug Marinol for nausea and appetite. It made one hell of a difference. My last chemo treatment had been in 1988 and "one simply did not have chemo and not vomit." You see, my problem had always been vomit. Get treatment, vomit. Repeat. (Read more about it in this article.) However, Marinol, which is a man-made form of cannabis changed all of that. While on the medication I [...]

what is the best superfood supplement

What is the Best Superfood Supplement?

As a cancer survivor, what I choose to eat is one of the most important choices I make on a daily basis. Diet along with exercise have slowed if not completely stopped some of the long-term side effects of my treatment for cancer. Here is my short story from juicing, to supplements, to what is the best superfood supplement... to me anyway. Juicing the Best Superfoods, That's an Idea! Originally I thought I would buy myself a "super" juicer and juice [...]

How Important is Drinking Purified Water

How Important is Drinking Purified Water

// Who would ever have imagined that one day companies would be making heaps of money selling... water. The stuff that falls from the sky. The stuff that is in the lakes, the rivers... comes out of your faucet! Whether it's purified water, spring water, filtered water or drinking water. Companies like Dasani and Smart Water, among others, are making a killin'. So how important is it that we drink "purified" (or is it filtered?) water? What is the Difference Between [...]

women should be eating vegetables

Bye-Bye Meat! – Hello Veggies!

Reduce meat consumption and increase vegetable intake if you are dealing with Estrogen Dominant Conditions, such as PCOS, PMS, DCIS or Breast Cancer. 1. A Vegetarian Diet Reduces inflammation. All animal products are, to varying degrees, pro-inflammatory. They contain arachidonic acid which drives the primary inflammatory process in our body. a. Inflammation in the body triggers the release of cortisol from our adrenal gland (just like Cortisone, the medication, is used to treat inflammatory conditions). b. When cortisol is used day-after-day to [...]

reasons why you should take fish oil

More Info on Why You Should be Taking an Omega 3 Fish Oil Supplement

If you are recovering from cancer treatment and trying to get on track to doing everything you can from preventing cancer from coming back, OR if you are simply looking to live a healthier life and add a supplement to your diet that is proven to benefit your body in so many ways, including fighting cancer, then you will most likely want to add omega-3 fatty acids to your daily diet.—And below are 3 good reasons why. 1. Docosahexanoic acid [...]

More on Reactive Hypoglycemia

I wrote a blog not too long ago about reactive hypoglycemia. It can be a horrible condition to deal with. I mean if you eat one wrong thing, a doughnut, mashed potatoes, your favorite childhood cereal, fast food... whatever. BAM! Your day is ruined! The symptoms kick in. You may have shivers, a headache, sweaty palms get moody, experience tachycardia. Yuk! Who wants any of this!—Nobody right? Well, basically the key to this condition is one thing, diet! Learning what [...]

Is There a “Secret” Cancer Cure?

Are you a conspiracy theorist? Do you believe in aliens? Do believe that the JFK assassination was an inside job? Do believe that JFK was killed by aliens?—Okay I am getting carried away here. Do you believe that a cure for cancer exists and it is being hidden by the government? (Or by aliens—sorry, I'm fond of those little folks!) // Well, I’m not going to say I have a lot of information on any of this. I’ve read [...]

apricots

Laetrile: Toxic Cancer Killer?

I can remember as a child my mom driving me to the clinic for chemo. It was a bit of a drive, so on the way we would talk about lots of things. One of those things was natural cancer cures, vitamins, herbs and being healthy. She would talk about good foods to eat, drinking green tea and something called laetrile. Laetrile or B 17 was discovered by Dr. Ernst Krebb, Jr. in 1952. He came to the conclusion that [...]

importance of rest when undergoing chemo

Is it Possible to Boost the Ability of Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy to Destroy Cancer Cells?

34 randomized trials have demonstrated the ability of Astragalus to increase the effectiveness of a particular type of chemotherapy to destroy cancer cells. Ashwagandha suppress the proliferation of lung cancer cells when combined with a specific chemotherapy. When high-dose Melatonin is added to the regimen of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer patients receiving the most common first-line chemotherapy agents, the rate of cancer cell destruction increases, the performance status of patients improves and the overall quality and enjoyment of life for patients [...]

A Little About Milk Thistle!

Milk thistle is a flowery weed. It’s related to the daisy and to ragweed and is native to Mediterranean countries. It has been used for 2000 years. It is claimed that milk thistle is good for the liver (among other things). However, it is also claimed that not enough clinical research can back the benefits of milk thistle. Still, people all over the world continue to use milk thistle. It is used to treat conditions like cirrhosis, jaundice, hepatitis, and gallbladder [...]