Quitting Smoking

mobile phone

From Doc to Smartphone: Are Hypnosis Apps Safe?

As a child I was hypnotized just before my chemotherapy treatments on my second recurrence. It was all in an effort to keep me from getting sick. Like "three-day-old raw sushi that's been left out in the sun" sick. No matter what we did, nothing kept me from getting violently ill after a chemo session. It was miserable. The routine was: 1) Show up at the clinic and wait anxiously for treatment. 2) Get treatment and wait anxiously to get sick. 3) Get sick and [...]

does bacon really cause cancer

Does Bacon Really Cause Cancer?

Bacon. It's just plain out American, and personally I love it. - Recently the savory breakfast food seems to have become more popular than ever. Heck, the Facebook page for bacon has over 6 million likes. That's a lot of bacon lovers. Unfortunately though, bacon is getting some negative publicity these days. Some folks are saying the crispy delicacies are linked to colon cancer. What? Does bacon really cause cancer? - Well, yes... I guess... Sort of... Maybe... But read [...]

Don’t Let Cancer in! – 5 Tips for Preventing Cancer

1 – Limit consumption of red meat Studies have linked red meat to cancer. As a matter of fact, colorectal cancer increased by 21% for every 50 grams of processed red meat consumed daily and by 29% for every 100 grams consumed daily according to American and European studies. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); 2 – Stop smoking This one is obvious and a huge cause of cancer and cancer-related deaths! Lung cancer is the number one leading cause of cancer deaths among [...]

4 Methods For Quitting Smoking To Lead A Healthier Life

4 Methods For Quitting Smoking To Lead A Healthier Life It is no secret that smoking cigarettes is bad for your health and one of the biggest factors when it comes to lung cancer, despite this knowledge it still doesn't stop millions of people around the world from doing it. I know first hand how addictive nicotine as a substance can be, 15 years of smoking cigarettes can attest to that. Luckily there are ways to fight the addiction and also [...]

lung cancer

Lung Cancer: About it, Causes and Prevention – by Dr. Shashi Sharma

Lung cancer is the most common type of cancer that I deal with on a daily basis. The usual route that one takes to my office starts with a chest x-ray or CT-scan of the chest which is done by some other physician for a symptom such as cough, shortness of breath, or chest pain. The chest x-ray is abnormal showing a spot or a mass—ranging in size from a pea to a grapefruit. Patients and their families are appropriately [...]