Exercise

being in shape when you are sick

According to Some Docs, This One Thing is How I Survived it All

If you are a survivor of anything serious or out of the ordinary, you’ve probably been asked how you got through it, how you dealt with it or what was it like? “Man, how did you escape those reptilians?” A lot of times when people ask me how I got through having cancer 4 times (or escaped the reptilians), etc. etc., my reply is always, “Well I’ve never had to go to a third world country and have people shoot [...]

Coping With a Bone Marrow Transplant

In 1997 I had been cancer-free for ten years.—Ten great, long, "I'll never have cancer again!" years. However I remember there was this one, little lymph node I had been watching for a while. I mean just one... and again, tiny. So anyway, I watched it, and watched it, and watched it. One day after realizing "watching" wasn't making the lymph node go away, I decided it was time to get it checked out. I thought everything would just end with just [...]

Don’t Let Cancer in! – 5 Tips for Preventing Cancer

1 – Limit consumption of red meat Studies have linked red meat to cancer. As a matter of fact, colorectal cancer increased by 21% for every 50 grams of processed red meat consumed daily and by 29% for every 100 grams consumed daily according to American and European studies. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({}); 2 – Stop smoking This one is obvious and a huge cause of cancer and cancer-related deaths! Lung cancer is the number one leading cause of cancer deaths among [...]

7 Reasons to Start an Effective Fitness Plan Now

To 'conquer' is not merely to win. It is to completely take over, take control, and destroy. Odds are either you or someone you know have been affected by cancer. In the United States, around 50% of men and 33% of woman will be diagnosed with some form of cancer in their lifetime. Cancer causes many physical and emotional changes to take place within the body. These changes include, but are not limited to: weight-loss or weight-gain, increase or decrease in [...]

You’re Well! – Now Protect Your Health from Potential Long-Term Side Effects of Treatment

Okay, you've had your chemotherapy and you're done! Awesome! Say you are a Hodgkin's lymphoma survivor like me and you underwent ABVD chemotherapy. The good thing is that it cured your cancer. The not-so-good thing might be, because of ABVD, you are now infertile, have respiratory issues, cardiac issues or have had or are now at a greater risk of secondary types of cancer. And let me stop right here and say, if you aren't having any of these [...]

reasons why you should take fish oil

5 Simple Ways to Become Healthier

1 - Exercise at Least 3 Times a Week Now, some of you may be thinking, "well I'm not joining a gym. I'm not going to run a triathlon. I'm not..." FINE! - You don't have to! However, you can lean up, increase energy levels, get more oxygen to your brain, relieve depression naturally and feel friggin' great just from taking a 20-minute brisk walk. If you can't go 20 minutes, start off with 10 or whatever you can go [...]

Using Qigong For Stress Relief

// When dealing with cancer or any craziness in life, we can experience immeasurable amounts of stress. When we have cancer, the bills don't stop, they add up. Family stresses don't subside, and they can sometimes get worse. I want to tell you about using Qigong for stress relief. You know the feeling. It's like a crowded bar in your head—lots of noise, smoke and oh look there is someone doing shots. Okay, that part was a joke, but you [...]

I Am Always Tired – 5 Reasons Why You May Get Tired During the Day

In this day and age; we are always on the go. Kids, jobs, family, friends, the unexpected, all seem to keep us extremely busy. In order to be healthy, efficient during the day and have a good quality of life, we need to be rested in order to perform at our optimal levels. In this blog I'll be discussing five potential reasons you may be telling yourself, "I am always tired!" Are You Getting Enough Sleep at Night? Obviously, getting enough sleep [...]

the importance of cardio

Cardio and the Brain: A lil exercise can help make you smarter and happier!

As you probably know of course, exercise is good for ya… duh! How many times have you heard that? However, I want to talk specifically about cardiovascular exercise and how it can impact your brain. As a matter of fact, a good cardio workout can actually make you smarter among other things. (Can you imagine if Einstein was also an athlete? Woa!) We’ve all pretty much heard or read the obvious benefits of cardiovascular exercise. It helps you to lose weight, [...]